Serve up this delicious Thanksgiving side dish for a very happy holiday.
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, it’s time to nail down the menu for the big day. Looking for a brand new addition to your dinner table this year? Then consider whipping up these yummy loaded scalloped potatoes. This hearty and delicious Thanksgiving side dish is sure to impress all your holiday guests.
Loaded Scalloped Potatoes
- 8 oz. bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, plus more for greasing dish
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. chopped green onions, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 ½ lbs. russet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown bacon, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer bacon to a plate and drain excess grease from pan, leaving about 2 tablespoons. Sauté garlic and onion until softened, about 5 minutes, then season with salt and pepper. Melt butter in the pan; when it begins to bubble, sprinkle flour all over and whisk until flour is absorbed, 2 to 3 minutes. Add green onions, cream, and chicken stock; bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Wash and dry potatoes. Attach slicing blade to a food processor. (If possible, set thickness to 1/8-inch.) Trim ends of potato and slice without removing peel.
- Grease casserole dish with butter and arrange potatoes in rows. Pour cream mixture over the potatoes followed by an even layer of cheddar and bacon.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Garnish with green onions and dollops of sour cream. Serve immediately.
This delicious Thanksgiving side dish is sure to make a welcome addition to your table this holiday season. Are you looking for assistance with your commercial or workers compensation insurance this Thanksgiving? If so, then contact the experts at PMC Insurance Group. Our dedicated team is ready to assist you with all your coverage needs today.